Friday 27 August 2010

Model Answer - Ielts Writing (Task 1)

The pie charts show units of electricity production by fuel sources in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

Australia and France used 5 fuel types in 1980 and 2000 to generate electricity. The pie charts indicate how these sources were distributed in each time period.

Starting with Australia, in 1980, coal accounted for half the 100 units of electricity produced. Hydro power and natural gas has an equal proportion of 20 units whilst oil represented 10 units. In 2000 the production of electricity increased to 170 units. Almost ¾ of this was due to coal usage. 36 units were hydro power produced and a minimal amount (2 units) by natural gas and oil.

In 1980 the distribution of the 90 total production units in France is more evenly spread out. 20 units are produced by oil, an equal number (25 units) by coal and natural gas while smaller units of nuclear power (15) and hydro power (5) are used. In 2000, the main portion was represented by nuclear power (126 units). Natural gas and hydro power stood at 2 units. An equal share of 25 units can also be seen for coal and oil.

As a result, Australia mainly employed coal and hydro power to produce electricity and there is no mention of using nuclear power for both time periods. On the other hand nuclear power appears to be a popular fuel source in France which also employs the other sources to a greater or less extent.

Cambridge, Ielts 7 past papers, p.101.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Respected Miranda,
    I m quite distress in order to improve my vocabulary and writing skills therefore i need your help if possible..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me an email hoplaros@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Miranda
    i am getting my ielts exam but now my english is very poor i need your help in my writing skills task 1 task 2 and speaking and reading it is so hard .

















































    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tan, I'm more than happy to help you. If you send me an email hoplaros@hotmail.com with your Skype address I will contact you.

      Delete
  4. While I was searching for modal answers of writing taske 1 above, I found your website. The materials here are awesome!!!
    Could you also help me with my writings? I have a difficulty of writing task 1,2...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me an email at hoplaros@hotmail.com and I will try help you out.

      Delete